HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deadparrot

PostSubject: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi,

sorry if this is the wrong place to post, dont think these two are actual members, and i have to say i have seen them around a lot and never had a problem before

This evening AOD SARA and SS ARONA consistentlyt during 4 games (had to leave after that) continued to use GREAT SHOT after every kill, it was almost constant, when asked to stop they told me to switch off my sound, when i said why should I they said becuase they were good and honorable players. these people are idiots, who wants to listen to this non stop. after this they continued to do it more.

DP
Back to top Go down
SQU4LL
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi DeadParrot,

Thanks for reporting these stupid guys on the forum. I'm actually away from my computer for a few days. I'll take a look at the server logs at my come back and we'll take decisions about abusive voicechatters.

Thanks
Have a nice day
SQU4LL

PS : I moved the topic in general section.
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Lol You're kidding right ? You complain about 2 persons who were saying "Great Shot" each others at each kills WOW never seen this before ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ft-rtcw.tk
deadparrot

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks for the quick responce

EG was my favorite server but it had a few niggles,, slow weapons, allowing camping and non random respawning etc. nice to see all the problems ironed out this is now a great game

DP
Back to top Go down
deadparrot

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Sniper,
I know what you mean, but im not talking about a few great shots here and there,
im talking about consisnt use everytime theres a kill or maybe when there isnt. every 5 seconds give or take. We have all seen people that have a mad 5 minutes repeating one phrase, but this is game after game. its really annoying and covers up the real gameplay. Im not saying they should be banned, as i said ive run in to them many times without problem. why should we put up with it

DP
Back to top Go down
SQU4LL
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 am

Hi,

DP, thanks for what you think about the game. You know i have played EG server too, and i decided to make my own server to avoid the EG problems (camping and spawn sequence) I'll also add a few maps in the rotation in the next weeks... Smile

Sniper, you can say great shot when you are killed, by a real great shot. I don't think that each time you're killed, there's a reason to say great shot for everybody... Of course, i'm not going to ban these guys. But i'll add a message in the console messages to avoid abusive voicechat. After, we can see to make an adminbot with auto-ignore Smile or something like that Smile

Have a nice day
SQU4LL
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Prefer not answer ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ft-rtcw.tk
SS/Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 pm

deadparrot wrote:
Hi,

sorry if this is the wrong place to post, dont think these two are actual members, and i have to say i have seen them around a lot and never had a problem before

This evening AOD SARA and SS ARONA consistentlyt during 4 games (had to leave after that) continued to use GREAT SHOT after every kill, it was almost constant, when asked to stop they told me to switch off my sound, when i said why should I they said becuase they were good and honorable players. these people are idiots, who wants to listen to this non stop. after this they continued to do it more.

DP

Pls note i dont know for any SS ARONA lol!
Hmmm SQUALL did you tried this >>> g_voiceChatsAllowed "5"

This option cuts the spamming if the player use it often im talkin per secs but i think sayn great shot after evry kill should not be treated like spamming if this option dont cut it!
In other case if more than two ppl do it then we can talk about spamming.

And im not agreed with squall about "you have to say great shot if the shot is great rly" my opinion is if i get kill i can use how many voices i want untill that cmd cuts me if the value is 0 so.... you allow it.

And also if you dont want "great shot" after evry kill you should put longer time between the voices for this cmd like a time for a kill? XD this will look ROFL but whatever if ur talkin for two ppl only this is not spamming actualy.
Back to top Go down
http://shuutzclan.forumotion.com/
deadparrot

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 am

I have to add that since that day both of them have been good players, but maybe its worth implimenting some of the idea's of ss/wolf, not to restrictive but can stop missuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill   

Back to top Go down

Constant use of GREAT SHOT after every kill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Red Ribbon Army :: R.R DISCUSSIONS  :: GENERAL RR CHAT-
Jump to: